About Me

Twin Falls, Idaho
I'm a stay at home mom with 3 kids. Two of which I got through IVF. The third one just a miracle! We're trying for a fourth with one miscarriage since our third. I've had 3 miscarriage and one ectopic pregnancy. Did 3 rounds of IUI's and then 2 rounds of IVF's. Been through a lot and wanted a place where we could all talk about it. Share you're stories with me, jldxango@hotmial.com.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Laura update...........

I feel like I'm blog hogging....sorry. But here's an update
on the rest of today.... I got a call from my doctor's office
in Boise who was shocked. They said I had five mature
follicles and five that were pretty close....WAY more
than they expected! So I had three options: 1) Cancel
this cycle and go on BC pills for 3 weeks; 2) Do a follicle
reduction from 10 down to 3, or 3) Convert the cycle to
IVF. We decided to do the convert to IVF option. But
after we debated and stewed over it and had finally
made up our minds, the IVF coordinator called and said
I wouldn't have a very good chance...they'd still do it but
the chances weren't as good. It would be better to do
IVF from the very start and really work with the follicles
and get lots of eggs which it looks like my body would be
good at. So she recommended either of the first two
options. So I chose to do a follicle reduction instead of
completely cancelling the cycle because the meds are so
expensive (as you all know!) and I didn't want to waste
a cycle! So I have to do a trigger shot here in about 45
minutes, then we go in on Saturday morning for a follicle
reduction (they'll leave me with 3 follicles) and do an IUI.
Gosh, I've been through so many emotions today it's hard
to fathom all of this. Thanks for sticking with me through
this. And I'll try not to hog the blog so much. :)

4 comments:

Jana Dille said...

Please don't worry about blog hogging, nobody else is sending me anything so it's nice to keep hearing from you. Explain the IUI if you will and how that works for those who don't know. What a day you've had, you need a good nights sleep!

Emily said...

I'm interested to know more about IUI, also. That's a road we've never taken. What does it mean to do a follicle reduction?

Good luck! Hopefully this cycle is the one! But if not, it sounds like there are some really promising options for you, and that has to be encouraging.

Shane and Amy Jo said...

Blog hog all you want!!! I want to know how things are going. I was in the same boat and we opted to convert the cycle to IVF. Fortunately, they were able to harvest 50 eggs. Who do you see in Boise??? I saw Dr. Slater...LOVED her!!!

paulak said...

I like to hear your updates. I am the one that adopted because all the infertility mess wasn't an option for us. But it is good to hear your progress. Plus, those who are going through this or looking forward to it...will be able to go right along with you. Hang in there. You are in all our prayers.