About Me

Twin Falls, Idaho
I'm a stay at home mom with 3 kids. Two of which I got through IVF. The third one just a miracle! We're trying for a fourth with one miscarriage since our third. I've had 3 miscarriage and one ectopic pregnancy. Did 3 rounds of IUI's and then 2 rounds of IVF's. Been through a lot and wanted a place where we could all talk about it. Share you're stories with me, jldxango@hotmial.com.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

5 IUI's

What a great idea your blog is. So many people suffer
with these problems in silence. Feeling out of place
and alone as they watch the countless families around
them. Hearing from others can definitely help you feel
less alone, and helps you reach out to others who might
also be suffering. And you start to realize that there
really are many others after a while. If you look, you
can start to recognize it in their eyes when they watch
other people's children and families. My husband and
I tried for five years before we were able to have a child.
They have never found anything wrong. I look normal,
he looks normal, but no magic. After years of testing,
hoping, and driving (because small towns certainly do not
have that kind of equipment), we were able to conceive.
It took us five "official" IUI's (intra uterine inseminations)
with clomid, and the shots, and the who shabang to get
pregnant. But before that we had been going to small town
docs who would just wash and insert the sperm based upon
timing. Maybe a good idea (we were hoping to save money)
maybe not. Who knows what makes one work and one not.
The hope each month was a killer, and the disappointment
each month even worse. We have been blessed with a
wonderful, beautiful son, but now that he is getting a little
older, and we are getting a little older, we are scared to
death of how long it will take this time, and how much harder
it will be now that we are older.

1 comment:

Jana Dille said...

Thanks so much for your story. I'm right there with you on the whole age thing. I have more posts to do on that, but it is scary as the years pass. I try really hard to look at it like, at least I have what I have, but it's still hard when you want more. Good luck.