About Me

Twin Falls, Idaho
I'm a stay at home mom with 3 kids. Two of which I got through IVF. The third one just a miracle! We're trying for a fourth with one miscarriage since our third. I've had 3 miscarriage and one ectopic pregnancy. Did 3 rounds of IUI's and then 2 rounds of IVF's. Been through a lot and wanted a place where we could all talk about it. Share you're stories with me, jldxango@hotmial.com.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

PCOS and still hoping

I am excited about your fertility stumpers blog,
I like to hear others stories and get ideas and suggestions
on things to try.I have to start by saying that so far my
fertility story doesn't have a happy ending and I know
there are others out there that need to hear that treatment
doesn't always work for everyone. It has taken me a long
time to come to terms with that.I have always known that
getting pregnant would not be easy because I have never
had a regular cycle, shortly before I got married I had a
cyst rupture on my ovary, the Dr. operated and decided
without my consent to cauterize many many cysts on my
ovaries. (Advise, don't let the Dr. do that..) He put me on
birth control and sent me on my way. A year later my hubby
and I decided to start trying for a baby, the 1st Dr. we saw
gave me a prescription for Clomid and said to call him in 6
months if Iam not pregnant (bad Dr.) We learned the hard
way that is a bad idea. So we went to Dr. #2 at the Mayo
clinic. After a year of lots of medication and money I was
diagnosed with severe PCOS and possible premature ovarian
failure. Possible caused by the Dr. cauterizing my ovaries.
We were told that my ovaries would not respond to medication
and there wasn't much hope, we were out of money so we went
home. We decided to try adoption and that is whole other story,
but needless so say we had 3 failed adoptions. Our hearts were
broken and we decided that If Heavenly Father ment for us to
have children then he would find a way for it to happen. I will
admit that it took me a long time to come to terms with all this,
I went thru all the stages of grief. I want others to know that
having a baby was and is my greatest wish, but when you let
go and leave it up to Heavenly Father and start dwelling on the
blessing in your life instead of the disappointments you will find
a way to smile again. Never give up hope!! Sorry this is so long,
I hope that it helps someone out there that is struggling .

2 comments:

Jana Dille said...

Of course I remember you! I checked out your blog and was that your bunco group you went to the movie with?! We just did the same thing a while back. I just wondered because there were 12 of you:) Your story is so heart breaking and I would love it if you would share your adoption story when you're up to it. I think people need to hear it, it's not all happy endings, but hopefully it's not over yet for you. I'm so glad you are at a point to where you can be positive, it's very hard to get there. I will post some more on how to cope and then also what's next after fertility doesn't work? Thanks again!

paulak said...

I also am intrigued with your adoption stories. My post was the first one. We have adopted and we are in the process of another adoption...a little nervous with this one. Actually, the first adoption we almost lost as well. I really want to talk to you more about your experiences. Another post would be great, but would you be willing to email me at kankanweeks@yahoo.com Thanks